United Way of Fostoria has established an Emergency Relief Fund(ERF) for Fostorians dealing with an emergency due to Covid-19 (layoff, loss of job, illness). Fostorians needing emergency assistance with food, housing, utilities, and health and medical access are encouraged to contact First Call For Help Fostoria at 419-435-2555. Donations from Trust Bank and two local individuals have seeded the new ERF.
Emergency Relief Fund providing immediate relief to Fostorians for emergency food, shelter (rent/mortgage), utilities, and health and medical access for victims.
Fostoria individuals and families impacted by Covid-19 (job loss, layoff, illness).
Agencies and organizations that are providing emergency food, shelter(rent/mortgage), utilities, and health and medical access to Fostoria individuals and families impacted by the emergency.
United Way of Fostoria definition of Fostorian: Person who lives, works, goes to school or worships in Fostoria.
Request and Approval Process
Individuals complete an interview with First Call For Help Fostoria by phone – 419-435-2225. They will be asked to provide supporting documentation, as appropriate. The determination will be within two business days.
Food will be fulfilled with pre-packed food boxes.
Rent/mortgage payments will be paid by UWF check to the landlord/lender.
Utilities will be paid by UWF check to the provider.
Health and medical access will be paid by UWF check to the provider.
Agencies and organizations engaged in providing emergency relief by providing emergency food, shelter (rent/mortgage), utilities, and health and medical access to individuals and families impacted by the emergency will complete and submit a 2020 grant application Click here [link to application]. The form is posted on the website.
The determination will be within 10 days. All approvals are subject to available funds.
Organizations must agree to the following:
· All funds will be used for direct assistance to victims of the declared emergency. No funds will be used for administration or any other purpose.
· Recipients will not be denied assistance due race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity & expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran-status, familial status or socio-economic status.
· All funds will be used in compliance with all applicable anti-terrorist financing and asset control laws, statutes, and executive orders.
· Records will be maintained on all distributions. Basic information on recipients of monetary awards will be recorded and submitted to First Call For Help Fostoria to be added to the confidential database of the Fostoria Charity Network.
· United Way of Fostoria will be recognized to recipients as the financial source of the assistance.
· All funds will be accounted for by the grant recipient to UWF within three months of receiving the grant.
· Wherever possible, UWF funds will be used to reimburse the organization.
Source of Funding
Funds for Emergency Relief Grants are from gifts designated for emergency assistance in Fostoria. No campaign funds are used for Emergency Relief, excepting services of the Red Cross. Click here to see a report on the ERF, which is updated weekly.
Donations to the ERF should be sent to the Emergency Relief Fund, c/o United Way of Fostoria, PO Box 186; 105 S Main St; Fostoria, OH 44830 or donate online through this website. Put “ERF” in the Write a Note section.
Copyright © 2020 United Way of Fostoria - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy